⭐️ General Volunteer
Southern Ontario, Southwestern Ontario
- Establishing a relationship of trust and respect with individuals and/or groups
- Reinforcing life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills
- Planning and facilitating recreational programs
- Supporting individuals and/or groups to achieve their goals while encouraging independency
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Liaise with staff as required
- Warm, pleasant and caring approach with problem-solving ability and dependability.
- Able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness.
- Experience providing support, ideally to vulnerable people
- An empathetic and non-judgmental approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal integrity with an open and honest approach
- A willingness to work within professional boundaries
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team, with flexibility
- Police clearance (vulnerable sector check) with results acceptable to Indwell
- Agreement with Indwell’s Code of Conduct and other policies and procedures
- References acceptable to Indwell
*Orientation and training for this position will be provided. In addition, program staff will be available for questions and assistance.