Personal information may be received by Indwell through correspondence, forms (online and hard copy), donation cards, and other forms of donations. This information may be shared within Indwell as needed for specific purposes—at all times respecting the confidentiality of such information. Personal information will not be shared outside of Indwell unless required by law, or for the purposes of processing a donation, such as a credit card transaction.
Privacy and Security
Your privacy is critically important to us.
How we protect your privacy
At Indwell we treat your personal health information with respect and sensitivity in accordance with the Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA) and any other laws that we are required to follow.
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We perform audits to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We take steps to ensure that our staff and everyone who performs services for us protects your privacy.
Collection of personal health information
We collect personal health information about you directly from you or the person acting on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include, your name, date of birth, address, health history, medication history, allergies, etc. Occasionally we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
Uses and disclosures of personal health information
We collect and disclose your personal health information:
- To support your health care when we are providing health care services such as medication administration, wound care, vital signs monitoring, diabetic education and support, and lab follow-up.
- To communicate or consult about your health care with other health care providers when we are providing services to you, which could include for example: lab results, hospital discharge summaries, medications that have been prescribed to you, allergies, etc., including from electronic medical information systems. If you would like more information about the electronic medical information systems, please speak with our Privacy Contact.
- To receive payment for services including from OHIP, WSIB and private insurers.
- To plan, administer and manage our internal operations.
- For quality improvement and patient safety activities for our services.
- In order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- To fulfill other purposes that are permitted or required by law.
You may access and/or request that corrections be made to your records of personal health information, or withdraw you consent for some of the above uses and disclosures (subject to certain legal obligations) by contacting our Privacy Contact.
For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are unable to resolve a problem directly with our Privacy Contact:
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor St E, Suite 1400, Toronto ON M4W 1A8
Web analytics and advertising
Indwell uses individual end user tracking and data sharing with trusted third parties like Google, Facebook and Microsoft for advertising and marketing purposes.
You can find out how Microsoft safeguards this data, and you can opt out of personalized/interest-based online advertising.
how to contact indwell
If you see that any of your personal information is incorrect or outdated, you may contact us at anytime.
1430 Main St E
Hamilton ON L8K 1C3