One of the things I’m extremely thankful for amidst the challenges of these past 17 months is our staff. We have an incredibly creative, innovative, and resilient team here at Indwell, and I’m excited that we get to share highlights from several of those who often work in the background in this enclosed newsletter. As we grow, there are often openings to join our teams; please share with those in your circles who might be interested in joining with us. Your recommendation is so valuable!
Our intake and facilities teams are gearing up for this coming year’s growth as we seek to bring supportive affordable housing to more people in Ontario:
- St Thomas – Our first undertaking in the Railway City will be operating a pilot program for the city for 16 people starting next month, while we begin construction on a new 45-unit building.
- Mississauga (another first!) – Our Lakeshore Lofts program is scheduled to welcome 68 people in December.
- Hamilton – Two projects are well underway: three buildings at the formal Royal Oak Dairy will open in December and through the first half of 2022, and another project at the corner of Ottawa St N and Cannon in winter 2022 – all in all, another 120 homes.
- Simcoe and London will both see expansion next year as well: Dogwood Suites in Simcoe with 51 homes and Embassy Commons in London with 67 homes, both opening next spring.
- Waterloo Region – We’re eagerly anticipating starting construction at St Mark’s Place in Kitchener, and now have an upcoming project in Kitchener at St Peter’s Church. Both properties will house approximately 40 people each, with St Mark’s anticipating opening in December 2022.
- You may have seen Chatham-Kent mentioned on our social media: a keen group of Christians working with NeighbourLink have rallied the support of the city and other leaders to help Indwell investigate bringing our supportive housing model there.
As we close out our organization’s fiscal year at the end of this month, I’m immensely grateful for our financial provisions, and for you, our generous donors. I hope this newsletter is encouragement for you to continue supporting this life-giving work!
Together with you in ministry,
Chief Executive Officer
PS – Register now for our second virtual gala on September 23 at 7:30 pm. We’re calling it Indwell Road Trip 2021. With Hamilton actor TJ McGibbon, we’ll set out on a virtual road trip through our communities. You’ll get a special sneak peek at all the hope and homes that you’re supporting! Visit indwell.ca/road-trip to learn more.