Community

balloons gardens vegetables picnic harvest party
Community
Jeff Neven

Partnerships key part of Indwell’s model

What does partnership mean to you? For me, partnering with someone is about uniting in a shared vision. It’s recognizing that we’ll accomplish more together as we work toward a common goal. What I’ve come to realize is that whether personally or corporately, partnership begins by building relationships. As we work toward a goal of

Read More »
Community
Matt Breimer

Paying it forward…with “lemon-aid”

Many of us recall hot summer days as children, setting up lemonade stands and selling the refreshing beverage to neighbours and passersby. What would you do with the money you earned? For myself, it usually entailed a trip to the candy store. Not so for Brady and Jesse Dutra. Brady, 10, and his sister Jesse,

Read More »
Community
Indwell Staff

Summer programs foster community and transformation

It may have helped with next semester ’s tuition, but for those we hired, their summer positions were much more than a job. With grants through the Canada Summer Jobs program, Indwell employed eight young people for eight-week stints across several of its programs. Most were Community Coordinators, running daily activities with Indwell tenants. While

Read More »
Community
Graham Cubitt

Community comes through around Norfolk Inn project

Nine months ago, Indwell became the proud owners of the Norfolk Inn in Simcoe. The building had once been the beating heart of Norfolk County ’s social scene, but for more than a decade, it ’s been in decline. Over the years, numerous plans for converting the property had come and gone, leaving Norfolk County

Read More »
Community
Hannah Bartha

Finding wholeness in community (the antidote to isolation)

In November of 1987, a year before I was born, my parents took a ski trip for a short time away without their two kids. One morning, while my father was making her tea, my mother slipped outside, completely unclothed. My dad found her in the cold, all alone and mumbling to herself. This was

Read More »

Send a note of encouragement

Now more than ever, it is important that our tenants feel connected with others, even if they cannot be physically connected. Send a note of encouragement to be shared with our tenants who are feeling isolated at this time.

Send a message to our tenants

We use cookies on our website to personalize your experience and improve our efforts. By continuing, you agree to the terms of our Privacy Policy.