Hamilton Housing Support Services

Hamilton programs collage

Low Support Apartments

People living at our Caroline Apartments, Prinzen Flats, Rudy Hulst Commons, and Perkins Centre Apartments:

  • have ODSP or similar source as their income
  • have at least a year of housing and health stability
  • have appropriate, long‐term supports in place
  • have good insight and awareness into their health needs
  • are able to reach out for support and advocate for themselves
  • who have experienced substance misuse should be open about the matter, not currently using substances, in long‐term recovery, and/or receiving treatment
  • who need barrier free units will be considered for Rudy Hulst Commons and Perkins Centre Apartments
  • can be single, couples or single parents with young children
  • are able to manage the following tasks independently:

- Meal making
- Housekeeping
- Getting groceries
- Managing money
- Personal care
- Medications
- Attending appointments
*Note: If you cannot manage in one of the above responsibilities, you should have support from appropriate services so that you are able to manage independent of Indwell in this area.

High Support Apartments

People living at our Strathearne Suites and Parkdale Landing Apartments:

  • have ODSP or similar source as their income
  • benefit from having support from nurses, social workers, housing workers, peer support, recreational therapists, and food support in addition to any similar supports they already have in place (such as social workers, case managers, doctors, psychiatrists, personal support workers, etc.)
  • have access to 24-hour on-call support but there is no overnight staff coverage
  • are provided services in the context of a well thought-out plan of support
  • are able to clean their own apartment and do their own laundry independent of Indwell, although short-term support may be possible at times
  • are mostly people who have been homeless for a long time, have been in and out of the hospital or in police services, are dealing with addictions, have not had success in group homes, and/or usually live with complex mental health illness or other conditions
  • receive a furnished studio/bachelor apartment and are provided one meal a day
  • are mostly single but Parkdale Landing can support couples with high support needs
  • who need barrier free apartments will be considered for our Parkdale Landing Apartments.

Residential Care Facility

People living at our Wentworth Apartments:

  • have ODSP or similar source as their income
  • receive three meals a day, have medications dispensed, and get a furnished room.
  • are able to clean their own room, do their own laundry, and get around the community independent of Indwell
  • have staff presence 24-7
  • should be mobile, although some consideration can be made for people who use small wheelchairs or walkers
  • are single 

Click here to download our housing application form.

To submit your housing application, save or print form, fill out and send by:

  • Email: housing[at]
  • Fax: 905-529-0355
  • Mail: Indwell 1430 Main St E Hamilton, ON L8K 1C3
  • Or deliver in person to: 1430 Main Street East, Hamilton

For questions, concerns or more information contact us at 905-529-0454 or toll-free at 1-866-529-0454.