Reporting to the Facilities & Operations Manager, the Facilities Supervisor will be responsible for the maintenance of buildings and grounds of Indwell’s facilities in Woodstock, Simcoe, and London, ON. The Facilities Supervisor will also be responsible for supervision of 3-5 facilities team members across the region.
- Coordinate and perform maintenance and renovations to buildings.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with vendors.
- Follow and ensure the proper operation of all mechanical and electrical systems.
- Maintain Fire Safety Plans for all buildings.
- Regularly update documentation for each building: sprinkler systems and elevators, and emergency shut-off locations, on-call procedures, and after-hours contact lists.
- Develop and implement written plans for preventative maintenance, facility improvements and equipment replacement.
- Complete regular inspections of property and equipment; assess and troubleshoot issues.
- Respond to maintenance and repair needs throughout properties including after-hours and emergency calls.
- Perform landscaping, trash removal, and other necessary daily tasks.
- Ensure that the appearance and functioning of all facilities attains a standard of professionalism and a positive reflection on Indwell.
- Collaborate with the program staff and volunteers to meet facility maintenance needs and support tenant employment.
- Coordinate and supervise facilities team members, volunteers and volunteer work teams.
- Follow up on maintenance requests and work orders.
- Promote and demonstrate the vision, mission and values of Indwell within the workplace and the community.
- Coordinate maintenance work by volunteers and tenants.
- Maintain relationships with local businesses, internal and external contractors.
- Communicate effectively with staff and tenants regarding timelines, outages, entry needs and planned interruptions.
- Document work orders, updating status and completion dates as required.
- Complete and submit required reports in a timely manner in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
- Committed to upholding and modeling the standards set out in the organization’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith and other operating standards and policies.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, and take initiative.
- Proven experience and abilities in building maintenance.
- Capable problem-solver.
- Knowledge of and experience in construction and building maintenance.
- Good computer and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Access to a vehicle and valid “G” class driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 25 kilograms.
Full-time hours with flexibility required. Primarily weekdays although hours are variable based on program needs. On-call availability required.