Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
We are seeking an energetic and experienced individual to perform day-to-day bookkeeping and assist in reporting functions. He/she will report to the Senior Accountant and will be a key part of the Finance team.
3 days per week. Occasional extra hours required.
Duties for this position include:
- Providing timely and accurate bookkeeping from original document entry through to assistance with preparation of monthly financial statements
- Accurately process accounts payable, including expense reports and credit cards, ensure on-time payment to suppliers & employees
- Work closely with and coordinate with accounts receivable administrator
- Help manage mortgage and loan recording and payments
- Timely and accurate monthly reporting for HST, EHT and other reporting requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines
- Must be a strong team player with proven customer service skills and the ability to communicate positively with various departments (facilities, program, HR etc.)
- Ability to adapt to new systems and relationships as Indwell continues to grow
- Must have a high degree of integrity
- Embraces the vision and mission of Indwell and lives out Indwell’s values in the workplace
- College diploma or university degree in bookkeeping or accounting is preferred
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience
- Familiarity with charities/not-for-profits is preferred
- Experience with YARDI and/or Sage would be considered an asset